About Me

I have more than 20 years experience as a professional landscape designer.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gardens Of The Tortuguero Lodge

The Tortuguero Lodge in Costa Rica,where my friends and I stayed, features brilliantly colored flowers in their garden.  They are, for the most part, various types of ginger, ti plants, heliconias, bromeliads, and orchids.

 
 Heliconia

 Very striking color and shape 

Remarkable form and color

The flowers speak for themselves.

As a designer color, it could be called, Intensely Red.

Jungle Orchids

What a great lipstick ad.

Heliconias are exotic flowers.

The center flower is an exotic heliconia.

 While the shown flower forms are different, what do they all have in common?
They all appear in designer colors.

Designer Palms

This is a picture of a well dressed tree.

Red ginger in front of the lodge rooms.
The scene behind my room.

Fantastic orchids with tin pipe

Check out the blog called Nature's Gardens. It shows scenes on the
Tortuguero River.







 
                 

2 comments:

  1. I have been to Tortuguero lodge and am witness to the beautiful array of heliconias, orchids, and so much more that is there. The eye feasts at every turn! I found your pictures so beautiful and the vivid "designer colors" captured in their true shades. I enjoyed your sharing of these wonderful images and your comments.
    Karima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the BIG pictures. Felt like I was gliding on the river through the jungle. I also like the photos of lichen on the terraces - random acts of spontaneous beauty. Thanks for the great posts, Celeste

    ReplyDelete